| How can I participate
in the discussion forum?
All the messages will be available in a daily basis, and you can access them by pressing the daily digest button.
How can I join the chat?
The Chat Area displays the chat dialog currently in progress. The client is designed to only show one room and only supports a few basic commands.
The Main Area shows the messages you have sent and received. The current topic for this room is shown in the title bar. The right list displays people currently in the chat room. Your nick is displayed as bold. If you select one or more names from the list then your messages will only go to those people. There is a special character that precede some names: @ indicates an operator that issue commands to control the room.
At the bottom is the Input Line. You can send a message
by typing it on this line. A few basic commands you can enter are:
/quit - Leave the chat and disconnect from the server
/action message - Sends an action (red) message
The Session Information shows two fields:
Email (optional) - Identifying information, such as your email address.
You can also join the chat using an irc client, such as Mirc. You must then configure the client to the server www.prof2000.pt and to the port 6667. The name of the channel is #TRENDS-ptc.
Must I follow any kind of rules?
There are some basic rules you must remember:
- read carefully the previous messages, in order to avoid repeated questions
- try to contribute with messages that promote comments from the other members, in order to keep the discussion alive
- do not use capital letters (the others will think that you are shouting with them!)
- do not use texts from other persons without their previous acknowledge
- do not send commercial messages
- do not use unusual language; there are operators that can deny your access